Access CalTime from your computer’s desktop via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or the web (HTML)
There are two ways of accessing CalTime: you can use a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) or the web (HTML).
For Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) access, you need to download an access application called a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to your desktop and use it to log in to the system. Click on the PC or Mac RDP button below to download the appropriate RDP to your computer’s desktop. Please see the PDF with downloading instructions below the button.
With web-based (HTML) access, you can access CalTime from almost any computer, at any time, as long as you are using a compatible web browser.
Click on the Access Online button below and then bookmark the link for future use. You will be asked to authenticate your CalNet credentials before you can log in to CalTime. Browser compatibility: For PC users, Internet Explorer is the preferred browser. For Mac users, we recommend Firefox or Safari.
PLEASE NOTE: Google Chrome is not supported at this time.
RDP FOR PC USERS:
RDP FOR MAC USERS:
web access (HTML):
Deciding which method to use
- If you are an employee, you can perform ALL CalTime functions using either the web (HTML) version of CalTime or the RDP access method.
- If you are a supervisor, you can access MOST CalTime functions, including employee timecard approval, via the web (HTML) version. The only restrictions you’ll encounter using the HTML version are as follows:
- Hyperfinds are limited and you won’t be able to modify your query
- Reports you can run are limited to:
- Accrual Balances and Projections
- Accrual Detail
- Badge Numbers
- Employee Schedule (Monthly or Weekly)
- Schedule by Labor Account - Weekly
- Timecard Audit Trail
- Time Detail
- Timecard Signoff/Approval Audit Trail
- If you are a timekeeper you need to access ALL CalTime functions, which are available ONLY via the RDP.
Both methods of accessing CalTime are secure. You can use either one at any time, but you will notice that the screens look somewhat different. Need help? Check out our job aids for exempt employees and supervisors for step-by-step instructions for both access methods.
For assistance with access issues, please contact the CalTime Help Desk:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (510) 664-9000 (first press 1 for IT, then press 2 for Application Support, then press 3 for CalTime)