What is a timekeeper?
A timekeeper is an employee who oversees exempt and non-exempt timekeeping processes for an entire work unit or department. Before assuming their duties, timekeepers are provided with special training on timekeeping processes, their unit-specific non-exempt timekeeping system, and CalTime.
Timekeepers carry out the following tasks:
- Follow up for missing supervisor approvals*
- Review and sign off on timecards submitted by supervisors in their designated areas
- Process manual timekeeping actions for certain leave codes
- Work with the CalTime team to resolve issues
- Relay feedback about the system to the CalTime team
* While timekeepers follow up for supervisor approvals, it is the supervisor’s responsibility to follow up with employees on their timecard approval.
Contact your department's timekeeper
IF YOUR DEPARTMENT IS SERVED BY BERKELEY REGIONAL SERVICES
- Open a ServiceNow service request at the Berkeley Regional services website. For more information on how to login and use ServiceNow, go to the ServiceNow Training Resources Library.