What is a timekeeper?
A timekeeper is an employee who oversees exempt and non-exempt timekeeping processes for an entire work unit or department. Before assuming their duties, timekeepers are provided with special training on timekeeping processes, their unit-specific non-exempt timekeeping system, and CalTime.
Timekeepers carry out the following tasks:
- Follow up for missing supervisor approvals*
- Review and sign off on timecards submitted by supervisors in their designated areas
- Process manual timekeeping actions for certain leave codes
- Work with the CalTime team to resolve issues
- Relay feedback about the system to the CalTime team
* While timekeepers follow up for supervisor approvals, it is the supervisor’s responsibility to follow up with employees on their timecard approval.