This is a reminder that Daylight Saving Time ends this Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 2:00 am.
For departments with employees that use a time clock, the CalTime system should automatically adjust time clocks backward one hour based upon the new daylight saving time (e.g., at 2:00 am the system will adjust one hour backward to 1:00 AM), and nothing additional should be required.
For time clock issues, or timekeeping problems in CalTime related to the time change, please take the following steps:
- Non-Exempt ‘Realtime’ employees (those clocking in/out at the beginning/end of each shift worked ) should immediately notify their Supervisor of any issues in order for their Supervisor to perform any timecard edits, if necessary.
- Will need to manually adjust time cards for any non-exempt ‘realtime’ employees as necessary
- Take extra precaution when reviewing timecards for time recorded on Sunday, November 4 to ensure any errors have been corrected
- Should pay special attention to timecards for employees who work overnight shifts beginning on Saturday, November 3 through Sunday, November 4 (especially those involving the 1:00am-4:00am window immediately before/after the time change).
- Review employee hours scheduled during those overnight shifts versus time recorded in CalTime to ensure over/under reporting of hours does not occur.
The CalTime Team